In the ideal situation your company should have a pre-defined Disaster Recovery Strategy. Disaster Recovery is often not seriously considered until a disaster occurs.
Over the years we have dealt with the following disaster recovery situations:
- Vandalism (i.e. deliberate deletion of data)
- Electrical Surges.
- Lightning Damage.
- Loss of Power for extended periods of time.
- Loss of connectivity (phones, internet) for extended periods of time.
Enyuka have recovered many of our clients from the above situations.
There are 2 ways that this can be addressed:
- Formally: Enyuka consults and prepares a Disaster Recovery Plan that will be implemented in the case of a disaster situation. This plan is developed in consultation with you to ensure that the plans of action are in place for most disaster situations.
- Informally: In this situation there is no formal plan (other than backups) and Enyuka is contacted after the Disaster Event and will, in consultation with you, work to get you up and running as quickly as possible.